Our fave Superette winter warmer on the menu this week has been Cote’s very own baked feta & butternut pasta – an ultra comforting one tray dish to warm the soul in lockdown.
- Whole butternut pumpkin
- 1 or 2 blocks of feta
- 1 whole clove of garlic
- 2 red onions
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- Olive oil
- 2 lemons
- A packet of your favourite pasta shell – we used rigatoni
- Turn your oven to 190 degrees celsius and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Fill a large pot with water and a generous amount of salt & put on the stove to bring to the boil.
- Next slice the butternut, red onion, lemons & garlic in half & throw onto to baking tray with a good douse of olive oil & salt & pepper, add the sprigs of rosemary (you can also use thyme or sage)
- Put into the oven & bake for 25-30 mins until the butternut is soft and the other ingredients are roasted and caramelised.
- Then place the feta onto the tray and bake for another 10 minutes.
- While this is happening you can cook your pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta & put back into the pot, throw in the feta, scooped out butternut, squeeze in the roasted lemons (use the roasted lemon flesh too) onions with skins removed, pick up the halves of garlic & press with your fingers to get out the delicious gooey pieces of cloves. Mix well to bring everything together & watch this warm creamy pasta come to life.
- Serve straight away with a delicious glass of red (close your eyes and pretend your in a little restaurant in rome)