Served up at our Superette Christmas Party, our friends at Côte have kindly shared the recipe for their insanely delicious yet simple Caprese Salad.
This a fresh light and simple salad perfect to throw together for an evening BBQ or a light lunch. Simple fresh ingredients heroing beautiful produce.
- Fresh heirloom tomatoes
- Variety of cherry and grape tomatoes
- Organic extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh Basil leaves
- White wine vinegar
- Caster sugar
- Salt flakes
- Fresh Burrata or baby mozzarella balls
- Wash and roughly cut the heirloom tomatoes into large chunky pieces, don’t be afraid to make them mismatched. Wash and half the cherry tomatoes.
- Lay in the bottom of a dish and begin layering with the broken burrata or halved mozzarella balls.
- Dressing – in a bowl combine ½ c of good quality olive oil, a good bunch of fresh basil leaves (personal preference on how pungent you want it) 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon of caster sugar, pepper to taste. – using a stick blender or a food processor blend this all together until the basil is well macerated.
- Pour the fresh dressing over the salad at time of serving, sprinkle with a generous amount of salt flakes and torn up fresh basil leaves.
- Pair this dish with fresh seafood or nice BBQ’d beef or enjoy on its own with some beautiful sourdough.