Getting excited to plan their Christmas Day menu? Us too. This week we’re recipe testing with Miss Polly’s delicious Summer Chicken Salad.
INGREDIENTS | Serves 3
– 1 Avocado
– 1 Wild Wheat Sourdough Baguette
– 1.5 Punnets of Cherry Tomatoes
– 2 Chicken Breasts (Skin On)
– Zest of 1 Lemon
– 1 Eggplant
– 2 Yellow Capsicum
– ¼ Cucumber
– 1 Pot of Basil
– 1 Large Red Chilli
– 3 tbsp EVOO
– 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
– 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
– ½ Red Onion – Thinly Sliced
– Salt & Pepper
– Heat oven to 200, fan bake.
– Slice the capsicum and eggplant, season and drizzle a healthy glug of oil. Bake for 40 mins.
– Whilst that is baking, break up the bread into larger chunks, drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle some dried oregano on top, bake for 15 mins. Once toasted leave them to cool on the bench.
– Season the chicken and cover in lemon zest, then sear for about 30 seconds. Then bake for roughly 16 mins depending on the size.
– Whisk together the dressing ingredients then add the sliced onion so it slightly pickles them, set aside.
– Chop the tomatoes, cucumber and break off the basil leaves.
– Let the chicken rest for a few minutes and then slice it.
– Now plate everything up, I like to put the eggplant & capsicum on the bottom with the chunky croutons, then the chicken, now layer half the tomatoes and basil, add in a little more chicken then the rest of the tomatoes and cucumber & basil then top with the onions and dressing. If you like anchovies, add in a couple of white anchovies on top.