A delicious alternative to the classic chip & dip combo, The Hungry Cook’s Herby Chickpea, Feta & Spinach dip with seedy crackers is the perfect mid arvo snack.
Recipe by Olivia Galletly of The Hungry Cook
- 1 & 1/4 cups of whole oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflowers seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 350g tinned chickpeas, drained, plus 50g extra to serve
- 150g feta
- 120g spinach, blanched and excess liquid squeezed out
- 30g pine nuts, toasted, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 stalks of green onion
- Large handful of mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- Large handful of parsley leaves, plus extra to serve
- Small handful of dill
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix well then let stand for ten minutes until water has completely soaked up.
On a lined baking tray, place the seed mixture. Place a sheet of baking paper on top, using a rolling pin flatten seeds until around 4mm thick. Remove top layer of baking paper and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, gently flip cracker over and bake for a further 15 minutes or until outside edges are golden.
Using your hand break up into large pieces.
In a food processor, blitz the 350g of chickpeas, feta, spinach, pine nuts, tahini, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, green onion, fresh herbs and salt and pepper until you have a smooth paste.
Fry the remaining chickpeas in a little olive oil and smoked paprika until golden.
Place dip on a plate, drizzle with olive oil and scatter over chickpeas, pine nuts and extra herbs.