We’re totally addicted to the amazing Polly Markus’s step-by-step recipes shared on her Instagram account Miss Polly’s Kitchen. This weekend we’ll be indulging in her incredible Crispy Prosciutto and Aubergine Linguine – yum!
INGREDIENTS | Serves 5 – 6
- 1 packet of dried linguini
- 2 packets of mini vine ripened tomatoes – quartered.
- 1 pack pf cherry tomatoes
- 10 garlic cloves – crushed with the back of a knife and then diced.
- 3 aubergines
- Lots of basil (I used a whole plant from the supermarket)
- ¾ cup of parsley
- 2 packets of prosciutto (roughly 150g)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 medium size mozzarella balls
- Good pinch of chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees. Slice the aubergine into rounds, about 1-2cm thick. Line them on a couple of baking trays, drizzle with olive oil then season well. Bake for 30-35 mins until cooked, you want them soft in the middle.
- In a deep pan on a medium heat, cook the garlic with oil, salt & pepper.
- Mix in the parsley and cook for a minute then add in the the tomatoes keeping half the cherry tomatoes to fold through at the end. Cook the tomatoes for 10 minutes, add the chilli & balsamic and cook for another few minutes.
- Cook the pasta in some salted water. The eggplant should be cooked by now so add that into the tomato sauce.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, bake the prosciutto on a tray until crispy. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Drain the pasta and mix everything together, top with the crispy prosciutto, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and LOTS of fresh basil.
Serving tips: I served wth some garlic bread and a big green rocket salad.