Perfect for hot, humid days this is THE most refreshing drink to sip in the Summer sun. We just had to share this delicious recipe from (myrecipes.com). This spin on the stand alone classic will be sure to make you blush.
WHAT YOU NEED/ (makes 8 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 4 cups ice
- 1 peach, pitted and cut into 8 wedges
- Combine water, peaches and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Place the mixture in a blender; let stand for 20 minutes. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Press peach mixture through a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids. Stir in lemon juice. Place 1/2 cup ice in each of 8 glasses. Pour about 2/3 cup lemonade into each glass; garnish each glass with 1 peach wedge.